- El Grotto
poster - the warning poster I've put on the door to my bed-sitter. MS Word 6.0 document.
- Lots and lots of QBasic programs.
The Microsoft QBasic interpreter (comes with DOS version 6) is needed to run these ones.
- PGP language files in
- Two pictures drawn by my father.
- A screen shot (800x600 JPEG, 129K) of a typical Win95 session with Udyret, my
- The manager of my transport company in Transport Tycoon
(demo version) bears a suspicious similarity to Frode Rimstad, one of my
teachers. Screen shot (cropped).
- scrotch.gif. When making the above mentioned screen shot of Transport
Tycoon, I had some problems with the screen grabbing program. It
crashed badly while trying to capture the screen. But the mangled
result looked like some kind of modernist art, so I kept it, and tiled
it for my Win95 background. As for the title, it is a portmanteau of
"scratch" and "scotch". I don't know why I decided to call it that, but
it may have something to do with the insanity of it, and its similarity
to a scottish tartan.
- Once, while playing the demo version of Tomb Raider: The
Lost Artifact, all the textures was completely mangled on the screen.
At first I was shocked and wondered if there was something completely
wrong witht the computer, but after a while I started to enjoy the
different atmosphere in the game, which felt like something from The
Lawnmower Man, or VR5. In other words, quite surreal and sci-fi-ish.
Here is one screen shot, and here is another.
- Some fractal pictures, suitable for tiling as web page or
- If anybody wants to start a pro-drug organization, and name it
Etnevuj, they can use this logo.
(Compare with the real Juvente logo.)
- Apparently, the Norwegian version of Microsoft Word 97 has fallen a
little bit behind in the recent developments in European politics. Here
is evidence that the spell checker still thinks
that the EU is called "EF" in Norwegian.
- This picture shows that Word97's English grammar checker
can't (yet) compete with human proofreaders. (The colours are a bit off
due to MS Paint's conversion from 65536 colours to 256 colours.)